Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hubblicious

I hate to brag, no, no, wait a minute, I LOVE to brag. Sorry, my false modesty was kicking in. I have just read an article, that, if it turns out the way I predicted, means I'm right! Darn I'm good. I predicted that they would threaten to scrap Hubble, and then come up with some way to "save" it if they couldn't stop the budget cutters. Suddenly, there is a proposal to robotically service the Hubble Space Telescope. However, it does follow a typical bureaucratic pattern of increasing funding, "We can save money by spending money, honest!", when the reason this was an issue at all was because of funding cuts. Now we just have to wait on the Voyager.

3 Comments:

Blogger Noumenon said...

From the timing it sure looks like they leaked the Voyager article to get people worried and then leaked a way we could "save" at least one of the important projects, if only the budget weren't so tight! The general thrust of the article is discouraging, however.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Hamlette said...

Now we just have to wait on the Voyager.

As long as they don't try setting up a Deep Space Nine station, I'm cool with waiting on Voyager.

I'm in a very silly mood and I think I should get offline...

11:57 PM  
Blogger Noumenon said...

Another example of successful budget prediction through cynicism: http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2005/04/no_surprise.html.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home