Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sanity

I have a proposal for the good of society: I propose an end to the 9 to 5 crap. My mind has been liberated by working a 2-2-3 shift, and I would like to spread the good cheer around. I propose that we all work 10 hour days on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. In this way, by a mere two extra hours a day, we could have a third day off every week, and we would never have to work more than two days in a row. The lovely extra day off, besides the time it would save in commuting, would provide us with an extra "Friday" a week. Yes, I know that it would provide an extra "Monday", too, but my experience with the 2-2-3 has been that, the awfulness of "Monday" is very much the anticipation of five loooooooooooong days of work. With only two days of work, "Monday" isn't nearly so bad, yet "Friday" has lost none of its sweetness.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Philosopher Poet said...

Roundy's has a shift sort of like that, but it's something more like this:

"Whoo-hoo only 4 days a week! 10 hours isn't so bad.. oh wait I've been here 14 hours what gives... oh well at least I get three days off this week...
What?!?! They're forcing us in on our day off.
Damn You Roundy's!!!!"

I love my job.


* Someday, a lonely, overworked, disgruntled employee will shoot a gasoline tanker (that has been conveniently left in Roundy's parking lot)with a WWII bazooka, then the people will rejoice with much cheering and rounds of beer.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Noumenon said...

Bazooka-wielder is the part you were born to play, man!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Hamlette said...

I know someone that can acquire things like mortars and mortar shells...he could probably find larger weaponry too. If you're anti-mortar, that is. Bazookas do seem a tad easier to aim--you don't have to do all that testing of range and angle, etc.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Octavo Dia said...

I have just heard of a very strange shift, offered by that paragon of imperialism, WalMart. At an undisclosed location near us, they offer a Friday-Saturday-Sunday shift, in which you work 36 hours, but get paid for forty. Thus you have four days off every week, and four unworked hours of pay, so long as you're willing to kiss your weekends goodbye.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home