Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Writing Stinks

I am currently preparing to take the Foreign Service Written Exam. How am I preparing? I'm spending 50 minutes a day writing a short essay long hand. It stinks. I've been spoiled by my graduate school education. Even the GRE had computers for writing the essay. In 50 minutes, I can just barely squeeze out 3 pages. I could put those five paragraphs into type in less than ten. Why can't the darn U.S. government join the twenty-first century and provide computers with nothing but composition software on them? It would sure make everything a heck of a lot easier on those of us who can type, as well as on the people who have to read them and wade through endless pages of scrawl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hamlette said...

Why can't the darn U.S. government join the twenty-first century and provide computers with nothing but composition software on them?

Uh, cuz that would make sense. As Ed Harris's character Gene Krantz says in Apollo 13, I think when they tell him the air scrubbers for the LEM and CM are different shapes: "Tell me this is not a government operation!"

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home