Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tarzan

I have a stress fracture in my heel. I'm not supposed to do anything strenuous for four to six weeks. I was at work yesterday when an alarm went off. The alarm meant I had thirty seconds to fix the problem before the line went down. Since machine time is worth a good $300 an hour, and it'd take at least 20 minutes to get it started again, I was watching $100 burn up before my eyes, so I did what I habitually do in such a situation: I took off running to stop it. I made it two steps. The first one on my good heel. On the second one I did my best impression of Tarzan. AAAEEAAEEAA! This is going to be a long four to six weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Noumenon said...

In the next six weeks it will become a familiar sight to see a Larry power-walking furiously across the factory floor...

7:37 PM  
Blogger Hamlette said...

Or he'll learn to run only on his toes...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Octavo Dia said...

I intend to steal a chair from Q.A. and a pipe from maintenance, and then row myself around.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Octavo Dia said...

I have discovered that I can hop at great speed, so you will, instead, have to imagine me taking great strides on a single leg.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home