Friday, October 07, 2005

Torture

My favorite branch of government has done another thing of which I approve: it set standards for interrogation techniques. I have two predictions based on this:

If Bush accepts it and it makes it through the House as well, everything will be fine and dandy, and Bush may get a little boost in the polls.

If Bush fights it, however, he's going to get a serious whupping. John McCain's personal history gives him an unapproachable lead in this area. If Bush fights it, and John McCain smacks him down, I predict McCain in 2008.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noumenon said...

John McCain's personal history gives him an unapproachable lead in this area.

Or so you'd think if not for the amazing details being currently brought to light by Concentration Camp Veterans for Truth.

Bush hasn't seemed to take any heat locally for seeming to stand behind torture with vetoes, stonewalling, and presidential medals of freedom, so I don't know how much mileage McCain can get with American voters on this issue.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Octavo Dia said...

At first I thought you were serious, but I figured that, if you were, you'd have linked to it.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home