Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Beer!

A law proposed in Missouri would make it illegal for grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores to sell pre-chilled beer. All beer would have to be sold warm. The idea is that, since most Americans do not like drinking warm beer, it would decrease the amount of drunk driving, since people would have to go home first to get a cold beer.

Whether or not it will work, that's the kind of law that I like. It makes people want to obey the law, rather than punishing them for breaking it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hamlette said...

Heehee, that's so funny! But I don't know...if I really want a Coke, I'm not caring if it's warm or not. If I need a Coke, I'm gonna drink it regardless of temperature. Since I don't drink beer, I don't know if temp makes a big difference for it or not, but I'm betting it's a similar thing. Those who need the beer are the ones who are gonna get drunk while driving, and they're probably the ones that won't care if it's warm. Those who just drink it now and then cuz they like how it tastes are the ones who'll take it home to chill it, and they're not gonna be the ones driving drunk anyway.

I could be 100% wrong on this. Feel free to laugh at me.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Noumenon said...

In the tradition of the radar detector, I give you the cigarette-lighter-powered beer fridge!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home