Monday, July 23, 2007

Da Vinci: I should not read novels

Almost everything I read is non-fiction. There is a very good reason for that. I am a fiction junkie. You know the difference between an addict and a junkie, right? An addict has the presence of mind to save some for their next fix. A junkie uses it all right now. In other words, in one massive hit, I finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Yesterday nine hours disappeared. I assume that I was reading the whole time, but that's only because I was done with the book. I had the stereo on, but I don't remember it going through all the discs, I just remember it being off when I came to.

I also determined that reviewing this book in the manner I'm doing makes little sense. There are large stretches of plot with little relevance to the spiritual meaning of the book. As such, I'm going to break up the blog posts by subject area. That way they won't be so terribly long.

Da Vinci: Religious Organizations
Da Vinci: Corporal Mortification
Da Vinci: Constantine and the Council of Nicea
Da Vinci: Duality and the Sacred Feminine
Da Vinci: Nothing is new under the sun
Da Vinci: Random bits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home