Monday, July 16, 2007

Letter to the editor

I ran across a bit of stupidity in the Letters to the Editor yesterday. The writer said that "Christianity, Judaism, and Islam [had] "remarkably similar" creation myths." I can speak for Christianity and Judaism, in that they have EXACTLY THE SAME creation history. It's the same few verses from the same book. Amazingly similar at that.

I can't really speak on Islam, as my knowledge of their creation myth comes from here, but to me there seems to be a very substantial disagreement between a God who created matter, and one who subdivided eternally extant matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoel Natan said...

The Muslim creation account and history is found in "The History of al-Tabari, vol 1, General Introduction and From the Creation to the Flood. Translated by Franz Rosenthal, 1989.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home