Monday, March 15, 2010

I really should just give them the candy.

23

Created by OnePlusYou -



The way the math works in a no-holds-barred fight with equal participants (two sides fighting with the same generation of MiGs, for example), you take the square of the numbers involved, subtract the lesser from the greater, and find the square root. Thus a 3 to 2 fight is really 9 to 4. The square root of the remainder, 2.24, shows that after taking down the other guys, the trio will be battered but standing.

So even if I'm 50 times the man the five-year-olds are, I'd still only take one out before they took me down. That fits my experience of tussling with small people and trying to move with eight of them climbing on you.

On the other hand, not all 23 could get to me at the same time, but I think if they launched a human wave it really wouldn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home