Monday, May 31, 2010

God is Imaginary: #21 Understand Jesus' Core Message

Understand Jesus' Core Message.

They don't.

I have a theory based on 1 Corinthians 12:3: "Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit." My theory is that you cannot understand Christianity and not believe. Writings by those who do not believe are always off--they're like a building without a foundation--it may look fine, but it's skewed and unbalanced. It's not just points of doctrine. I can read the writing of another denomination, and though the structure is different, I can feel the solid foundation of faith below.

But that doesn't address their profound MISunderstanding of Jesus' core message. This is how it would read if they understood:

"Hello, I am God. You know me. You said you didn't need me. You said you wanted nothing to do with me. You said you wanted me to leave you alone. Then you left. You walked straight towards hell, for hell is what happens when I leave you alone. I could have let you go. Instead, I sent Jesus to pull you back. First we told you what would happen. Then you saw it happen to Jesus. You're back with us now. We love you. If you still want to leave, knowing what you now know, we won't stop you."

That's a bit different, isn't it?

Back to the Fifty Reasons.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Noumenon said...

hell is what happens when I leave you alone.

That's the crux of it -- to them, hell is God incinerating you. To me, a little in the midde, hell is what happens when God creates you, and Hell, and then leaves you alone (or gives you the freedom to leave him alone). That's mostly his fault IMO, it's like buying a puppy and a moat full of alligators at the same time, and not getting a leash.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home